Charge 5 is Fitbit’s latest smartband, it is also the successor to the Charge 4. It’s a whole new different device from its predecessor. First, it has a case made of aluminium, secondly, the display is powered by AMOLED, and thirdly, it features ECG and an EDA stress app. All these features represent massive improvements.
The design of the Charge 5 is very stylish, it’s very compact and also very lightweight at just 28g. You shouldn’t have any problem wearing it all day long just like my Huawei band 4 Pro that I wear all day long and I have never seen any reason to remove it except when it’s too tight on my wrist.
The case of Charge 5 is made of aluminium paired with loop-style silicone straps. It’s rated 5ATM which represents 50meters waterproof rating.
The display of the Charge 5 is powered by AMOLED which is very colourful and according to Fitbit, it’s twice brighter than Charge 4. Touchscreen remains the only means of accessing the smartband.
Just like Charge 4, the Charge 5 is fitness centred. It can tracks your daily activities like your sleep in four stages and can also track your calories and steps as well as can also track your heart rate continuously.
Fitbit Active Zone Minutes that aim to help you stay fit is also available. It has an inbuilt GPS that will allow you to track your routes and locations that can be read from the Fitbit app after an outdoor workout. It features 20 preset sport modes and can also auto-detect and track up to 6 activities. There is a skin temperature monitor that allows you to monitor temperature changes.
Beyond the regular fitness tracking features, the Charge 5 welcomes ECG and EDA stress app – features that were only found on Sense prior to the Charge 5 release. The battery life of Charge 5 according to Fitbit is tested to last up to 7 days despite having a more brighter and colourful display. So, this definitely will allow you to go long from a single charge.
- Just glance to see what you need during workouts or when your hands are full.
- Automatically senses the amount of ambient light present, and appropriately dim the device’s screen to match it.
- Use your credit and debit cards to make secure purchases anywhere that accepts tap-and-pay.
- Control your music, “like” songs, and browse recent playlists and podcasts all from your wrist. Works with phone nearby; Spotify Premium subscription required.
- Use the sleep mode to mute smartphone Notifications and stop your screen from turning on at night.
- Use do not disturb mode when you want to mute call, text, calendar and app notifications during the day.
- Check your stats on your Fitbit tracker or smartwatch and get the nudge you need to reach your goals.
- Get a better understanding of your fitness level and see how you can improve over time with a personalised Cardio Fitness Score.
- See your time spent in light, deep, and REM sleep stages and get sleep insights to help you improve.
- Know your body on a deeper level using your tracker or smartwatch with the Fitbit app to follow your cycle, record symptoms and more.
- Find moments of calm throughout your day with personalised breathing sessions based on your heart rate.
- Use 24/7 heart rate to better track calorie burn, see your resting heart rate trends and get real-time guidance to optimise your workouts.
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes, hourly activity and stationary time.
- Based on your heart rate, time asleep and restlessness, this personalised score helps you better understand your sleep quality each night.
- Understand your rest with automatic sleep tracking and silent alarms on your wrist & bedtime reminders and helpful tips in the app.
- Wear your tracker or smartwatch all day and night to record your resting heart rate and track heart rate over time.
- Tracks your blood oxygen levels overnight to determine how well your blood absolves oxygen.
- Better understand the total number of calories you burn all day and during workouts to manage your weight and stay on track toward your goals.