The 24-inch iMac is 11.5mm thick — about the same thickness as the original. It no longer has a large chin with an Apple logo, and gone are the thick black bezels surrounding the display. Now, the iMac is a slim and light desktop PC with seven color options and powerful Apple Silicon.The color design splits into two tones — a muted color on the front “chin” of the display and a more saturated color on the rear of the computer. The front has a slim white bezel surrounding the screen. The muted color and white bezel are meant to keep from throwing off color balance on the display or distracting the user.
The desktop stand is the same muted color as the faceplate and can be traded for a VESA mount at purchase. It doesn’t have an adjustable height, but the entire iMac can be tilted for better viewing angles.The colourful design bleeds over to its peripherals as well. The magnetic power cable is colour-matched to the vibrant back panel, and the keyboard and mouse have coloured highlights to match.
- Apple M1 chip with 8-core CPU with 4 performance cores and 4 efficiency cores, 8-core GPU, and 16-core Neural Engine / 8-core CPU with 4 performance cores and 4 efficiency cores, 7-core GPU. 16-core Neural Engine
- 8GB / 16GB unified memory
- Available in 256GB SSD / 512GB storage
- It is configurable up to 1TB / 2TB
- Two Thunderbolt / USB 4 ports
- Two USB 3 ports
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Magic Mouse
- Magic Keyboard with Touch ID – US English