Every aspect of Mac Pro is designed in pursuit of performance. Built around a stainless steel space frame, an aluminum housing lifts off, allowing 360‑degree access to every component and vast configuration. From there anything is possible.
Mac Pro is designed for pros who need the ultimate in CPU performance. From production rendering to playing hundreds of virtual instruments to simulating an iOS app on multiple devices at once, it’s exceedingly capable. At the heart of the system is an Intel Xeon processor with up to 28 cores — the most ever in a Mac. In addition, large L2 and shared L3 caches and 64 PCI Express lanes provide massive bandwidth in and out of the processor.Mac Pro is designed for pros who need to build high‑bandwidth capabilities into their systems. With four double‑wide slots, three single‑wide slots, and one half‑length slot preconfigured with the Apple I/O card, it has twice as many slots as the previous Mac tower. Now you can customize and expand in ways never before possible in a single workstation.
For many pros, a high-performance graphics architecture is critical to their workflows. Especially for tasks like animating 3D film assets, compositing 8K scenes, and building lifelike gaming environments. To give them the highest possible performance and take graphics capabilities to a new level, something groundbreaking was required. Introducing the Mac Pro Expansion Module, or MPX Module.
- Processor Configure from an 8‑core to 28‑core Intel Xeon W processor
- Memory Configure up to 1.5TB of DDR4 ECC memory in 12 user-accessible DIMM slots
- Graphics Configure two MPX Modules with up to four GPUs AMD Radeon Pro 580X, AMD Radeon Pro W5500X, AMD Radeon Pro W5700X , AMD Radeon Pro W6800X, AMD Radeon Pro W6900X, AMD Radeon Pro W6800X Duo,
- Power Supply 1.4 kilowatts and Maximum continuous power up to 1280W at 108–125V or 220–240V, 1180W at 100–107V
- Two MPX Modules or up to four PCI Express card slots Each MPX bay provides x16 gen 3 bandwidth for graphics x8 gen 3 bandwidth for Thunderbolt DisplayPort video routing Up to 500W power for an MPX Module.
- Alternatively, each MPX bay can support One full-length, double-wide x16 gen 3 slot and one full-length, double-wide x8 gen 3 slot (MPX bay 1) Or two full-length, double-wide x16 gen 3 slots (MPX bay 2) Up to 300W auxiliary power via two 8-pin-connecters
- Two 10Gb Ethernet ports Support for 10Gb Ethernet performance over copper cabling Support for Nbase-T industry standard: 1Gb, 2.5Gb, 5Gb, and 10Gb Ethernet link speeds using RJ-45 connectors